If you ended up here, chances are you are on a journey of self love and self growth. To that, I applaud you and I welcome you to my journey as well! I’ve been on the hunt for things that are really resonating with me and that I think will also fit your journey as well. Today I’m talking about my favorite thing, the 90/10 method! I am going to help you understand what it is, what it can do for you, and how to incorporate it into your life!
What is the 90/10 Method in Terms of Self Love?
There are two primary versions of the 90/10 method that I personally follow and feel passionate about. The first version means that 90% of what you are doing should apply to your strengths. Your job, hobbies, and even surroundings should all lift you up to be the best version of yourself that you are! The other 10% should be situations or events that may challenge you or motivate you to improve a certain area of your life.
The additional version of the 90/10 method that I am going to cover is that 90% of your joy, happiness, self-love and self-worth should come from internal sources. You should be powering and motivating yourself to constantly improve every single day. 10% of what motivates or pushes you can come from external sources such as family, career, or other hobbies.
What Does This Method Mean For Me?
Most of us have a list of other people and things we put before ourselves. Both versions of this method keep you accountable for your own happiness and joy. To put it simply, you are creating your own ideal life. Living your life this way will help to improve your self-confidence and your self-worth. The magic that is creating your own happiness has no price on it, and that is what most people are striving for right now.
For those of you who are on a self-employment path or are looking to make a real significant change on your self-love journey, this method is ideal! Since you are making yourself the best possible version of you, anything you do or create will bring you joy. Contrary to popular belief, most of what happens to us day and night are things because of our own actions and decisions.
How Can You Use The 90/10 Method in Your Life?
The best thing about the 90/10 method is how easy it is to use! The first way you can use this method is by taking a look at your everyday life. Are you doing things that you are good at and make yourself feel good? If not, what are some things that you can change to increase the amount of joy you are doing each day? Maybe it is time to go for that dream job. You may also be in the middle of a personal breakthrough.
On the other hand, what are your hobbies and things you do each day? Is there room for you to add more joy into your life? If so, this is your moment to do that. Lose those friends that gossip 24/7. Tell that toxic boyfriend that it is time to go. Maybe it is time to create healthy boundaries with your family-in-law. Your focus should be on improving your quality of life. Don’t let anyone dull your shine, this is your moment.